Wednesday, May 30, 2012

35 Stitches

Erin, a fantastic nurse practitioner, removed 35 stitches from my back!

Afterward, we took John to lunch at A Southern Season's restaurant, The Weathervane.

Lunch was excellent.

Lou and I lingered at the table while John made his first foray into A Southern Season. He is a convert.

When we got home, I went straight to bed, because I  utterly exhausted. Naptime.

Oh, and I found out that I should have already started PT, so if I wake up in time, I will be calling Avante in Cary for an appt with Jaime.


Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

4 comments:

Carol Quast said...

I'm jealous of your lunch but not your stitches.

Kathleen Jackson said...

OUCH!!

Man-O-Man! Of my four foot operations the removal of my stitches were by far the worse.

I hope they gave you something for the pain because they are lying when they claim, "Oh, this will only be uncomfortable."

Karen said...

Hey, Kathleen, great to hear from you! My stitches were actually painless, even the one stitch she had to dig around for. Maybe it's because a person has fewer nerve endings in their back?

Turns out that the entire outing was too much for me, and I had a miserable afternoon. Lots of excruciating nerve pain every time I stood up. But this morning I was better.

Carol Quast said...

Hope you feel even better soon. I just finished reading Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. Awesome book. Thanks for the recommendation!