Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Vanpool Visit

On Monday evening, my friends from my old vanpool came to see me. Lou took our photo, as proof! From left to right: Joe, Rick, Jane, me, and David.


The vanpool was excellent in terms of saving money and helping the environment and keeping my workday to a predictable time schedule...

But what really made the vanpool outstanding were the people! There was always something interesting or hysterically funny being talked about. I remember looking forward to my commute, especially in the afternoon, because it was just plain fun. (Not being a morning person, I obviously struggled in the morning.) Plus, it was pretty cool to meet other people, from other departments, some of whom have been working at the company for a loooong time.

On Monday, we spent a lot of time enjoying the view of the golf course. David has golfed here, and he said that our house is easy to hit, but he stopped short of actually saying he ever hit us.

These folks entertained me for about an hour and left before I got too tired.

Just over my shoulder, you might be able to see a vase full of sunflowers that they brought. Very pretty! I just freshened up the water, so we'll be able to enjoy those flowers tonight when some other friends from work drop by.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful photo!

Carol Quast said...

OMG! Hysterical post!

Anonymous said...

What do you call a psychic "little person" who has escaped from prison?

A small medium at large.

Anonymous said...

Hey! Who are all those good-looking people??!!! xoxoxox

Anonymous said...

Hugs Laren, great photo. You have so many folks that love you. I bet they miss your wicked humor , daily, going to and coming from work. By the way you look great.
Love, Aunt Peggy

Anonymous said...

What do giraffes have, that no other animals have......?

Baby giraffes!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photo! Thanks for sharing with us. Love, Jeannie

Anonymous said...

Hey Karen, I echo what Peggy said....loved the photo and how good you look...laughter is good for the soul...I almost spelt it sole...:) TTFN Mrs. S. xxoo

Tinalynne said...

Awesome vanpool story and people. How cool is it not to have to drive home sometimes! Really great photo, you are always so photogenic, luv the red shirt!

Jenn said...

That is an awesome shirt--the color is great on you!
"Anonymous"--your jokes cracked me up...my son will love the small medium at large one. If I can tell it right! LOL

Anonymous said...

Man, Karen, you look *great*! (Tony the Tiger inflection there).

-- Wayne-currently-in-Canada