Thursday, July 12, 2012

Myrtle Beach

I love the sounds of the surf, the ocean  waves lapping on the shore.

Growing up in New Bedford, Massachusetts, right on the coast, I spent lots of time at the beach. Lou grew up going to Miami Beach!

We figure we can get at least one beach trip in during hospice.

We sure have nice beaches here in North Carolina! But I wanted to go somewhere new.

That's why I kept thinking about Bermuda's pink beaches. But realistically the flights would be too hard on me.

Lou figured out a way to get me to Myrtle Beach in a white limo!!! I can stretch out on the back seat, totally comfy, for the 4 hour drive.

Next we had to find a nice resort where I can plunk down in a lounge chair in some shade and not move for hours, if need be.

Our friends Gail and Mo suggested that we look at Kingston Plantation Resort in north Myrtle Beach, and it looks perfect.

So that's where we are headed.

I will be able to walk as little or as much as I want.

Worst case scenario, if I never make it out of the hotel room, I can watch the Atlantic Ocean from the balcony.

Picture me on the balcony, looking down at a tiki bar, trying to figure out which little person down there is Lou. He's the guy drinking margaritas and beating me at Words With Friends. (As if he would leave me alone for in a minute!)


Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome!! So glad Lou made this happen for you both! Jane

Anonymous said...

That Louis Ross shoore is one clever and enterprising fellow, eh? What a great idea! Can't wait for the travelogue.

-- Wayne

Anonymous said...

That is so perfect -- very excited for you! Tell Lou he has permission to run down to the Tiki Bar once or twice a day, anyway. :-) So happy -- give Lou a big hug from me.

--Meredyth

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! Hope you have a great time! Love, Jeannie

Anonymous said...

That is so excellent.

Yay!

--Heidi

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a first class trip!! The limo is a stroke of genius for sure. Happy for you. The ocean is a calming and spiritual place even when the beaches are crowded.

Lots of love,
Kathy
you know from where, :o)

Delpfine said...

I'm so glad you're getting to do that, Karen. Having also grown up on the coast in Massachusetts, I relate completely!

Delpfine

Anonymous said...

To Myrtle Beach in a limo! You guys are awesome!

April

Gail Tate said...

Fantastic!!Limo sounds wonderful! You can relax during the ride, and Lou can massage your feet...(just an idea..:)

Anonymous said...

Great idea...I love being near the ocean too...soothing, but full of energy and hope you really enjoy it a lot...Myrtle Beach is supposed to be nice and a ride in a limo is a treat...lv the driving to them...Take care..enjoy ...let the sun kiss your face...:) Love Mrs. S. xxoo

Jenn said...

I love this idea! If nothing else, the ride in the limo will be amazing!

Anonymous said...

Hugs Kares, that sounds delicious. Just be sure not to talk your driver into going through a drive- in at a subway to order a BLT.......but, I digress. You sure got a super hubby that really thinks outside the box. Have a blast!
Love, Aunt Peggy

Tinalynne said...

Whoohoo...how awesome is that? Cool, Oh that Louis is so smart! A limo perfect! So excited for you, the ocean is so awesome! Enjoy!