Monday, July 2, 2012

Migraine with no Meds

On Sunday afternoon, I went for an outing to visit some girlfriends in Clayton, and I went empty handed.

I did not bring a plate of cookies. I did not bring my pocketbook.

And so when the migraine started, I had no Maxalt. Bummer.

I decided to suffer quietly, because the plan was to stay for an hour only anyway. Plus we drove 30 minutes to get there. And I figured that the morphine ought to help keep the headache under control anyway.

So I sat through the sparkly lights and it wasn't too bad.

By the time I got home, the real headache had started, and I took Maxalt then and went to sleep.

When Lou brought my parents home from the airport, I got up and ate dinner with them.

Lou cooked the steaks, and they were excellent. Patsy handled the side dishes. Omer and I did nothing!

But I was unable to really wake up and be perky, and so I went right back to bed as soon as I could.

Today I woke up at 6:00am feeling really good!


Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Karen,

Glad you're feeling good this morning! Hope you have a really good day with Patsy and Omer.

Love,

Jeannie

Anonymous said...

Good to get outside even for a while. Sunshine always brings smiles and memories of Caribbean cruises and white sandy beaches. Now if we could just get those ocean breezes! Glad to hear that you have good days. Love you much!