Thursday, July 5, 2012

Secret Apartment Hunters

Unbeknownst to me, Patsy and Omer have secretly been apartment hunting so they they can stay here comfortably till this deal is over!

I guess Lou brought it up as an idea a few days ago, and they all wanted to make sure it was doable before bringing me in.

Our real estate friend Christina McCormack helped!

So they found a small, beautiful, furnished apartment by the White Oak shopping center in Garner, which is a 15 to 20 minute drive from here.

This is such a great plan.

I wanted them here, but couldn't see how to make that happen because it's just so hard to have long term "house guests," when you're so used to peace and quiet.

Plus there is now quite a lineup of people coming to visit, so the guest room at the Ross Ranch is booked.

The plan is that they stay here as scheduled till Monday and then fly home to shut down their house. Then they drive back here, in time to move into the apartment at the end of the month. And they stay here to help till it's all done.

Wonderful!


Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

11 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so wonderful Karen! I know that has got to bring you all comfort. God's blessings are upon you. Much love!~

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen and Lou, how wonderful that Patsy and Omer will be able to stay nearby, I am so glad for all of you!! Love you lots and lots, Debbie P.

Anonymous said...

Great news for you, Karen. We're sending hugs to you and Lou, Patsy and Omer.

Jeannie and family

Drake said...

Thank goodness! Wonderful plan!

Mary Beth said...

Hi Karen,
I am glad your parents have found a way to be close by while still giving you and Lou your own space. I hope today is a good one :).

Carol Quast said...

That is fantastic news Karen!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a wonderful plan! I'm so glad everyone was able to make that work. Lou's really on the ball this week... :-)

Love to you both,
Meredyth

Anonymous said...

Hugs, Karen. What a wonderful idea . It will be so good to have a little extra help and support We are heading home this morning and back to WORDS . Hope you are up to it ;-) Love Aunt Peggy

Unknown said...

You inspire me Karen. I pray for you and hope that you always have that great outlook on life.

Truett Guffin said...

We both love you and Lou and pray for you daily.

He is a great, caring and brilliant guy and I am glad that you have him around.

The above plan is a terrific idea and I am glad that it is working out.

You are one of the most optimistic, intelligent, brave, and upbeat people that I know.

G. Truett Guffin, M.D.

Tinalynne said...

This is so awesome! I love that they did not tell you until it was all said and done! I know having Omer and Patsy close will be perfect and so helpful! Kudos to Louis, Patsy, and Omer! I love that you are still entertaining at the Ross Ranch!