Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Tomorrow Begins Chemo Weekend Three

Lou is calling these visits to the hospital Chemo Weekends.  They aren't as much fun as a weekend at the beach, but I am hoping that they have a lasting impact on my good health.

Tomorrow, Chemo Weekend Three starts with a visit to Dr R.  Our friend Mo is driving us to Duke.  Lou will hang out with me all day, but then he will come home with our friend Darlene. Lou will stay home till about Saturday lunchtime, when he will return to Duke.  Saturday evenings seem to be tough for me.  The nausea starts, so I get more Zophran, and then I am a bit zonked. We'll spend Saturday night at the hotel, and our friend Gail will drive us home Sunday morning.

This is our new plan, and I am all for it.  No reason for Lou to babysit me the entire time.  Plus, I have visits lined up for the entire day Friday!  Anya, Julie, Alice and Dan...  I had to turn away Doane and Sharon and promise them a visit on the next Chemo Weekend.

I have been avoiding thinking about this upcoming Chemo Weekend because I was like, "Ugh, drag-o-rama."  I didn't want to dwell on it till I could get a good attitutude going, like, "Yeah, gonna kill me some cancer cells this weekend."

My attitude is much better now.  This is the best option available to me right now, so I might as well embrace it.  Plus, 36 hours of nausea ain't too bad, in the grand scheme of things.  And once this weekend is over, then the next thing on the schedule is my next scan, where we take a peek and see what's what.

I am really looking forward to the scan.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love for that scan to show that you needed no more chemo. Being turned away on the visitation list was great. Glad you have so many that want to come and be supportive. I wish you a weekend of little or no nausea.
Love ya and as always keeping you in my Ts & Ps.

Anonymous said...

You go girl....you're a champion.

Mike and Cindy said...

The time is now to destroy the cancer cells. You're always in our thoughts. Love you, Mike and Cindy

Mary Beth said...

Hi Karen,
Hope your weekend is off to a good start. Just think of all the amazing college basketball you will get to watch over the next few days :). (Go, Duke!) I think of you often and keep you in my prayers. Enjoy your day of visits tomorrow!
Take care,
Mary Beth

Karen said...

Yes, Mary Beth, "Go Duke!

Go Duke basketball!

Go Duke Doctors and Nurses and Pharmacists taking care of me!

Karen