Sunday, March 27, 2011

Happy Birthday To Me!

Wow, there have been a lot of phone calls and email messages and Facrebook stuff for my birthday. 

Sorry if I didn't pick up when you called.

I was up at 6:00AM, and we went out to breakfast at 8:30 with Mo and Gail to Brig's.  That was a lot of fun!  I got a big bag of awesome presents from Mo and Gail, including a totally perfect covered tea cup with an interior loose tea strainer thingie built in.  I had almost bought myself one just like it from a gift shop in Beaufort last weekend!

After breakfast, I slept for a few hours, and then Lou and I watched Star Trek Voyager.

My parents called and sang Happy Birthday into voicemail, and I listened a couple of times before calling them to let them know that I was okay.

I spent hours on landsend.com figuring out how to spend my birthday gift from Lou!

Lou and I watched Antitrust, which is a sort of comical high tech movie from 2001 with an evil software mogul who kills software engineers to steal their code. It was vastly entertaining, but I can't say I agree that all human knowledge belongs to the people.  I am all for patents.

And now the day is almost done.  I have been falling asleep at 8:00PM every night, but tonight I am a bit wired.  (Hence the 3 posts I just wrote.)

There has been NO NAUSEA today!  Quite an awesome birthday present, that.

I have been tired and useless though.

All in all, this was a great birthday.  46!  Yahoo!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy, Happy Birthday ! !
So glad to hear you're feeling "up to par" or thereabouts. Keep going. Hey, I vaguely remember 46! If I can remember that far back I think it was a good year. Ha Ha.

Stay well.

Luv Ya!

Gerry/Robert

Delpfine said...

Hope you had a great birthday, Karen!

Beverly Brown said...

Happy Birthday, Karen! :-D

Alice said...

Glad to see you had a great Birthday...I'm Aires too - hehe..I had to work 14 hrs. that day - yucko...Cya soon girly..luv ya alice

Jean Trainor said...

Glad you had such a good birthday, hope there are many more to come. Mine too in a week or so, us Aries girls should stick together!