Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Physical Therapy

My neighbor, Peg, drove me to my first post-surgery PT appointment this afternoon.

I learned a lot. One really important thing I learned is to take only one walk per day.

On that walk, I need to listen to my body and let my back decide when the walk is over, instead of trying to stick to some arbitrary distance or time goal.

I got some simple stretches to do at home. And I pledge to do them.

Jaime evaluated my status, did some stuff to me, and then put me on ice, which felt great.

On the drive home, we stopped at the vet to pick up heartworm and flea pills for Bailey. They were $23 cheaper than the 1-800-petmeds price!

By the time I got home, I had nothing left. I walked so slowly into the house! I went straight to bed and slept till 8pm.

I woke up starving. Luckily, Brent and Lori had dropped off curry for dinner. There was some delicious pickled veg in the curry; I'm going to have to ask Lori what it was.

Of course, it's bedtime and I am a bit awake. But I am hoping to be sleepy soon.


Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

No comments: