Friday, June 29, 2012

Oh Yuck

I have always loved sleeping on my stomach, but I haven't even tried to since my last PT appointment.

During that appointment, I had to lie on my stomach for some back massage. The pressure was too much, and I had to sit up. It was discomfort and nausea from that tumor squashing my stomach. Luckily, Jaime could finish the massage with me sitting up.

Tonight I thought I'd try sleeping on my stomach because I just could not get comfortable on my side.

Within 30 seconds of rolling over, I experienced a horrific sort of burp and had to sit up in bed.

I immediately drank some water, but had to rush out to the kitchen so I could swig some gatorade to get rid of the taste. Yikes.

I will not try that experiment again.


Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too am a stomach sleeper. When I've had a late, late dinner which occurs occasionally I find I cannot sleep on my stomach without immediate discomfort. So I sympathize with you. Thank goodness we have sides and a back to resort to.

Luv ya!

Gerry

Anonymous said...

Dear Karen, You might see if your nurse can recommend some special pillows that could help. Pregnancy pillows and all that, designed to help you work around physical inconveniences. Here's a link to Tempurpedic's specialized pillows, but there are all sorts out there. Might as well be as comfy as possible.

http://www.tempurpedic.com/Contoured-Pillows/Tempur-Pedic-TEMPUR-Side-Pillow.asp

Sending much love,

Jeannie (with Eric, Tom, Phil, Jane and Clark)