Monday, June 25, 2012

Okay to Phone Me

If you have my phone number, and you want to call me, please feel free to do so.

When we first realized it was time for hospice, we couldn't handle any phone calls. But that doesn't apply any more.

So, if you want to call, then call!

Don't worry about waking me up from a nap, or bothering me when I don't feel good. If I don't want to be disturbed then I power off my phone.

But don't call after 9pm --- which is sort of tough on our West Coast friends.

There will come a point when I stop taking calls. No idea when that will be. Better get your call in before then.


Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Sometimes when people can't think of what to say, they don't say anything. Unfortunately, that's me. Wish I was better at finding funny and inspirational things to say to people in hard situations...but instead I will tell you that I do have your phone number, and just because I may not use it does not mean I am not thinking of you often. A few years ago, after the "WWJD" bracelets became really popular, there was another one that said "PUSH," which stands for "Pray Until Something Happens." Occasionally, that will pop into my head when I don't know what else to do. So that's what I'm doing, my friend. Lots of love to you and Lou from Montana.

Gail Tate said...

Thinking of you often. We will call when we return from michigan..need to schedule Bailey' s play date. So glad you have a compassionate, friendly nurse. You need to trust & like the person.. Hope your night is comfortable. Love, Gail