Saturday, February 12, 2011

What's Going to Happen?

I don't know what's going to happen this weekend. 

All I know is, at some point they will phone me to tell me they have a bed ready for me. I will get the chemo for one hour on each of the three days. Both before and after that hour, I'll get other drugs and probably lots of fluids to flush the stuff out of my system.

My friend Jean in England said that she had this chemo combined with Doxorubicin, and she had significant shrinkage, so that makes me happy.

I am bringing my laptop so I can play Bookworm, and I have two books that I have already read before.  I am hoping to pick up a People magazine in the gift shop when we get there.  But maybe I won't want to read or play games at all, who knows.  Lou suggested that I bring my George Washington biography, but I think that would be too much work.

I have not had time to surf the web for details and hints about this chemo.  So I am going in with no expectations.

I was talking to my good friend Lisa about the extremely rare side effect that Dr R mentioned.  It involves brain damage (neurologic toxemia?) and then you are permanently confused.  Lisa said not to worry because if it happens, I probably won't know it.  I laughed so hard!  Good point, Lisa!  Lou posited that we probably wouldn't be able to tell....  ha ha ha that was a little less funny, but then again he is the one who always has to remind me about everything.

Okay got to go.  Lou wants to pack my laptop.

I'll be sending updates from my cell phone, unless the nurses confiscate it.  Cut me some slack if my spelling, capitalization, and punctuation suffer.  We won't know if it is the drugs or the cell phone keyboard.

No comments: