Thursday, February 10, 2011

Can I Blog at Duke?

Lou is on the phone right this minute with Duke to check whether there is WIFI in the patient rooms on the ninth floor at Duke, and the answer is NO. 

Hmmm.  We are hoping that this person is just misinformed.  Anyone know for sure?  I remember at UNC there was WIFI down in the lobby.

I am thinking that I might be bored spending three days in a hospital bed, and so I was hoping to be able to surf the web and check email and blog.

If I get all six treatments, that will be a total of eighteen days in a hospital bed.  Eighteen days! 

Lou just mentioned that I am supposed to be able to post to my web with my cell phone.  I'll have to look into that.  Or maybe I'll write the blogs and then Lou can post them when he leaves.

Si vis pacem, para bellum. 
If you want peace, prepare for war. 

(Two years of Latin in high school, baby!) 

In my mind, I change that quote to mean:
Karen, if you want health, you gotta attack the cancer with this nasty chemo.

Hey, I hope to have visitors this weekend.  Saturday will be crazy, but I hope someone drops by on Sunday.  Maybe you should call first.  If it is not cool, then I will change my cell phone voicemail greeting to ask you to stay away.  Ha, so if you know my cell phone number, then you are included in my open invitation.  I am remembering hospital visits that were made to Valerie, and Jacob, and Jerry.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

As always, you and Lou are in our thoughts and we continue to send good and positive energy your way. Hang in there baby. We love you. Tom and Gloria