Friday, February 11, 2011

Visibly Surprised

I always think that I am invisible as I go about my business, like a swan silently gliding across the surface of a quiet pond on a foggy day. (Maybe I am more like a duck than a swan.)

I always think that people do not notice me or do not remember me, and I am always surprised when I learn otherwise.

About a week ago, I was trudging up the hill from the parking lot to the office, when there was a cute guy suddenly walking beside me.  He started talking to me about how we must be on the same schedule because we walk into the building at the same time every day.  I had absolutely no clue what he was talking about. I would swear that I had never seen him before.  But I smiled and nodded like I knew him.

Anyway, he wanted me to know how great my hair is looking, that it was really growing back fast now.  He sort of delicately asked about my health status, and so I said that I had been off chemo since September.



He told me all about his aunt who had just finished getting chemo and radiation.  And he wished me luck and said that he's praying for me.

Wow! Awesome!  I am telling you, at some point God has to get tired of hearing all these prayers for me and cure me just to stop the cacaphony.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen, I love you and hope to talk to you soon. Left you a voice mail this afternoon. xoxo Debbie P.