Wednesday, February 9, 2011

More Chemo Needed

The new is not that great.  I do not have the report in front of me, so I cannot give you exact measurements. 

But basically, three of the tumors in my lungs grew noticably, and that might be the discomfort that I have been feeling lately.  A few additional little ones appeared in my lungs.  The tumor in my pancreas also grew.

The tumor in my psoas muscle, however, is still just a charred and smoking lump that neither grows nor shrinks, but whimpers in defeat.

So, it is time for chemo again.  I have had a lovely five months off, and I have enjoyed it alot.  But now it is time to buckle down and beat back the cancer a bit.


“Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end.
But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.”

Sir Winston Churchill, in a speech in November of 1942


I am going to start ifosfamide as soon as possible, this Saturday.  This chemo is complicated and has serious side effects, so I will be in the hospital for three days while I get it.  Then I get three weeks off, and then another three days in the hospital.  Repeat as needed up to six times.

That is all I have for now.  Time for lunch.  I think it's got to be sushi on a day like this.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

we will continue to send positive thoughts and prayers your way...good luck and best wishes...Love, Mrs. S. xxoo

Liz said...

Saying a special prayer for you today Karen. John and Liz Johnson

Anonymous said...

Lots of Love from Bellevue, WA. Thank You for your post. Love You XOXO

T. said...

YOU GO GET THOSE FILTHY BEASTS KAYBEE! I HEARD THAT ICE CREAM CAN CURE ANY SIDE EFFECTS FROM ALMOST ANYTHING, ESPECIALLY COFFEE ICE CREAM! LOVE AND PRAYERS TO YOU AND LOUIS TLD AKA SUE LOL

Jenn said...

Sending lots of love and prayers for you and Lou! Go kill some cancer!