Monday, April 25, 2011

Time for Walkies

Sam is definitely happy with me because I have been taking her for walks a lot more often. She does this thing where she stares at me pointedly, demanding a walk. That stare is different from the one that she uses to demand a cookie.  And yet different still from the offended stare that she uses to indicate that her dinner is late.

Actually, I need to make this post quickly this morning because Lou just promised Sam I would be walking her this morning before I go to work.

Today at work, there is much excitement afoot.  We will be choosing our new offices!  The entire group is being moved to one end of the building together. Each person will choose their new digs in order of seniority based on hiring date. I am pretty far down the list and have no hope of a window office.  Oh well... there go my plans for plants.

I am not sure whether I have mentioned that I finally got on an email group for people with leiomyosarcoma. I posted an email to introduce myself, and then a week later I asked a tough question: whether there are other people who have been allowed to have surgery, even though they have tumors in multiple systems. I didn't get much of a response at all. It was a huge disappointment.

The one useful email that I received was an interesting question.  A lady asked whether I have been evaluated at a "major" sarcoma center. I thought that since I was at a sarcoma center, I was doing well, but apparently there are some sarcoma centers that are just more huge and vibrant than others.  So I am thinking about it.

Otherwise, I am feeling good.  We had an amazing Easter dinner at our neighbor's house last night. It was a lot of fun, with great food and even better conversation. We all had assigned seating, at two tables in two different rooms, so that each couple was separated. I really enjoyed myself, but I did not have as much stamina as I expected. 

Okay, got to run, er, walk now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the wonderful posts and for the lift this morning. Helps me to start my day on a positive note with you and God! Love and Hugs from Bellevue WA XOXO