Saturday, April 16, 2011

Happy to Wake Up at Home

It's pretty early on Saturday, about 4:40AM.  I am so happy to be home.

My nurses rushed to get me out as early as possible yesterday. The last dose of chemo was started at 7:00AM, right at shift change.  Amazing.  It went well.  No nausea.

Doane picked up up around 2:45PM. She was lurking in the area and pulled up just as we walked out of the hospital's front doors.  Can't ask for better than that!  On the way home we picked up a prescription. Looks like I might have a urinary track infection this time, so I taking taking something.  I can't drink milk within 2 hours of taking this prescription, though, which is tricky for me because I love milk.

Anyway, yesterday I puttered around groggily, mostly just hanging up clothes that are waiting to be ironed.  Then we watched Start Trek Nenesis on our new Sony Blu Ray DVD player.  Guess I am not the only one who shops online during Chemo Weekends.

It is supposed to downpour later with thunder and lightening.  Perfect weather for a TV marathon.  Till then, I think I might iron.  Or I might put away all the cookbooks in the new cabinets in the laundry room.  Does that sound strange?  It's right off the kitchen. We have never found a good place for these cookbooks in this house.  They have been living in my office, and thus are never consulted.

No comments: