Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Starting Chemo Tonight

Wonderful news: My MRI doesn't show anything that would require surgery, so I am free to go ahead and start paZOPanib tonight!  Finally!  Woo Hoo!

I need to take it with a lot of water either one hour before or two hours after a meal. I considered taking it before breakfast, or after dinner... Lou and I think that it might be easier to take 2 hours after dinner (which would prohibit evening snacking, hee hee).

More wonderful news: I am no longer barfing. Today I went to work and got a lot done.

Life is good.

The MRI shows multiple bulging discs, which isn't great. In the past, physical therapy helped with a bulging disc, so I am going to jump back into that. I have an appointment with Jaime at Avante tomorrow monring.  Jaime is awesome.

4 comments:

Joanna said...

Hi Karen,

I just wanted to share with you that I take Tykerb, which has to be taken an hour before or an hour after eating. I felt like I should warn you that it is not so good for you to lie down after taking a strong drug. I had come to the conclusion, before I knew any better, to take it at 7:00 a.m. and go back to sleep. I did that for about a year and now I have a chronic esophageal problem. So the moral of the story is that you should take the drug when you will be upright for awhile.

Best of luck and I hope the chemo goes smoothly.

Anonymous said...

Hi There!!! Glad that the Barfing has Stopped and that You can Start Taking Chemo!!! Love and Hugs, Sharon from Bellevue, WA

Anonymous said...

Great Sweetie
Glad to hear things are forging ahead, instead of playing the waiting game. I am sending one my guys to be with you, again.
As always, keeping you in my Ts & Ps.
Love ya

Beverly Brown said...

Glad you're feeling better! Thinking of you as the new regimen begins and believing in a great outcome.