Saturday, November 5, 2011

Roadblock

Early Friday afternoon, I was plugging away at work when my cell phone rang with an unknown number. I'd been keeping it close, with the ringer volume way up, to catch a call from the specialty pharamcy about my prescription for pazopanib.

But it wasn't the pharmacy. It was Dr R, telling me that BCBS (my insurance) said no to the pazopanib because it's not officially approved for leiomyosarcoma (although it has shown itself to be effective against leiomyosarcoma). There is an appeal process, Dr R explained, and he had already submitted all the paperwork. Nice.

So this might just be a bump in the road, a temporary roadblock. We'll know by the end of next week. (To be honest, he said we would know "early" next week, but I have learned that everything takes longer than expected.)

Of course, if it turns out we can't change BCBS's mind, then we have other options.

I am cool with the delay. Actually, it might be the reason for me being up so early on a Saturday, instead of sleeping in. I woke up at 7:00 and thought, "Let's go, let's go! Let's have some fun today. Chemo gonna start soon. Must have fun before chemo starts."

We have lunch plans with Brent and Laurie, and then we are shopping for a fireplace screen to keep the monster away from the flames, because it's been getting colder and we would like to light the fire. We have already had to spray Bitter Apple on the little rocks in the gas fireplace because she likes to chew them. "What is that crunching noise?!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your positive attitude is inspiring. A clogged toilet and a broken curtain rod (done by my little 7 year old cutie!) put me over the top today. Thank you for being so transparent. Love, Sharon