Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I Have Been Approved!

Dr R called me on my cell this morning as I drove to work. He told me that he just received a letter from my insurance informing him that I have been aproved for pazopanib!

The letter I got on Saturday was for the first appeal, which was denied.  But the second appeal was approved. (I didn't even know there had been a second apeal!)

HAPPY DANCE
HAPPY DANCE
HAPPY DANCE

I get to take the easy chemo!  I get to strangle the tumors by denying them new blood vessels! 

I have more to say, but I have to get to work.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sooo happy for you. Wow that drug is really spendy, they must know you are worth it lady:-)

Kathy
from Kent

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Happy for you :)
Have a great day.
Mary Beth

Joanna said...

That is absolutely fantastic news. I follow all of your posts and am thrilled (and frankly surprised) that the insurance company is treating you like a real person, not just a treatment protocol. I am so happy for you.

Amelia said...

Wonderful, Karen! Wonderful.
-Amelia

Sandy McNeill said...

YAY !!!!!! I'll stop by your office tomorrow and do the happy dance !

Anonymous said...

Great news, Karen...I'm glad BCBS came thru...you have earned it....now enjoy the day and rest/relax until you need to...Love, Mrs. S. xxoo