Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Sleepless Night

Last night, I was in pain.  Maybe it was just a 3 on a scale of 1 to 10, but it was unrelenting. It was pain in my left hip, which is the area where the psoas and irradiated tumor are.

I took Advil before going to bed. It didn't help at all. I could not fall asleep. 

Luckily the dog barked and woke Lou up at 11:00PM, so I took that opportunity to ask him to get me a pain pill. Although that first pill made a dent in the pain, it did not solve the problem.

At about 12:20AM, miserable, I woke Lou up and asked for a second pain pill.  (The prescription says, one ot two at bedtime to help with pain.)

After the second pill, I still could not sleep!  What a drag.  But two pills is my limit, so I just stayed in bed, waiting for sleep, waiting for some relief. The last time I remember looking at the clock was 2:30AM.

My alarm went off at 6:30AM, because I had a lot of things to take care of this morning before work.

I actually feel okay today, even though I did not get much sleep. And I am not in any pain at all. Go figure.

No comments: