Friday, December 9, 2011

Repeat Performance

I woke up again on Wednesday really early, with my left leg on fire, but with a mission. I snuck out again to the kitchen table and waited for Lou and Bailey. This time I had a squeaky toy. I started calling her name and squeaking her toy as they came out of the bedroom. This time, Bailey was fine.

That's one advantage of this pain. I can get up earlier than the dog.

On Thursday, I talked to Dr Reidel's nurse yesterday, and we came up with a plan that might help reduce this pain at night (and thereby reduce my reliance on painkillers). I am going to try taking more neurotin at dinnertime. I take the lowest dose of neurotin now. I am supposed to give this new approach a few days and then call back in.

If I have a bad night (little sleep) then the next day is not that great. I get swamped with exhaustion around 2:00PM.  Exhaustion is, I think, the most common side effect of this chemo. Exhaustion isn't that bad. I sort of like exhaustion, compared to some other side effects. It's just hard to stay at work when it hits. I just need to go to sleep.

This morning was like every morning this week: the pain woke me up at 5:00.

TGIF

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for Squeaky Toys! xoxo, Sharon