Monday, December 19, 2011

Bedroom Difficulties

So last night I was back on the horrible all-foam mattress in the master bedroom, and my parents were in the guest room on the super firm guest bed. (They offered to sleep on an air mattress on the floor. Yikes!  No Way! But what a sweet offer.).

Patsy and I had been in the hot tub, so I was all relaxed and sleepy when I crawled into bed -- and immediately sank into a terrible position. The pain escalated quickly. I had to get up. I was walking around the bedroom, thinking, "Oh, my God, I cannot tell them this is not going to work. Maybe I should try sleeping on the floor."

But then inspiration struck. I got an extra pillow and put it under the parts that were sinking (my, um, lower back). It worked.  No more sinking.

I was able to sleep, but not all that well. I woke up in pain every 2 hours, so I would walk around the house in the dark till the pain went away, and then get back into bed on the pillow.

Luckily Lou did not wake up every time I did. Neither did the monster, who has been known to bark when she hears me (a possible intruder) walking around the house in the dark (perhaps stealing the silverware).

But who cares!  Patsy and Omer are here!

No comments: