Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Ultimate Fashion Faux Pas

Today I am wearing a pink polo shirt, pink Boston Red Sox cap, white Bermuda shorts, white sneakers, and flesh-colored compression stockings. Yes, compression stockings with shorts, this is what I have chosen to wear today.

It looks awful.

But I have to wear the stockings, and it is going to be pretty darned hot today, so I have to wear the shorts.

Maybe people will be so busy looking at my obvious semi-baldness that they won't notice the stockings ;^)

These stockings are flesh colored, but they have a band of white silicon dots along the top which looks terrible but miraculously keeps the stockings in place. (There is something super awful about compression stockings that fall down and have to be constantly pulled back up.)

Anyway, I plan to enjoy the sunshine and sights on Bonaire.

4 comments:

Jean Trainor said...

I sympathise Karen, I have to wear them too and tell me who has flesh that colour? Am jealous of you in the heat; its snowing here in the UK

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl, Hope you are having a wonderful time. We are freezing here. Keeping you in my T's & P's.
Love ya

Unknown said...

I'm sure the stockings look worse in your mind than they actually do. Anyway--who cares if they help your ankles.
Love ya,
Mom and Dad

Lisa Vasques said...

Who knows, maybe you'll start a new fashion trend!