Thursday, January 7, 2010

One Week Till Scan

One week from today, I go for my first CT Scan after starting the clinical trial. It will be two and a half months since chemo ended, and two months since the clinical trial started.

I am sitting here trying to determine how I feel. I don't feel nervous (which surprises me). I just feel really interested to see what the results are. Of course I am hoping that the results are good: no new tumors; no growth of existing tumors. But I am not anxious. Maybe it's impossible to feel anxious about anything after 12 days of wonderful vacation fun.

Lou and I just walked a mile on the Promenade Deck. We got lapped by some rickety old folk, but that is okay.

We are headed up to Skywalkers Lounge to sit in comfy chairs and read and rest. This afternoon, we have an amazing 3 hour "Ultimate Ship Tour." We're finally going to see the bridge! Plus a whole lot of behind the scenes, crew only areas that are normally completely off limits to passengers.

We saw this tour on a flyer on the first day. It costs big bucks, and you had to put your name on a list and just HOPE that you got picked. (Lou thinks that they did a background check.)

We got picked!

This will be something to remember for sure.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We hope and pray that you have the same good luck for your scan as you had getting picked for the ultimate ship tour.
Love ya,
Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen, I am so glad you and Lou are having a fabulous cruise all the things you are doing sound like so much fun. Congratulations on being picked for the ship tour!! I am saying a prayer that your scan will turn out just as fabulous too. Not very much longer to wait!! LOve you lots and lots, Debbie