Monday, January 4, 2010

Two Year Old Neighbor

We have a two year old in the next cabin who is crying his heart out. He's on the balcony, poor little guy. (I am not saying that Mom and Dad have locked him out there alone! I am sure someone is out there with him.)

Lou is on our balcony listening to a book on his MP3 player, smoking a cigar, and drinking a margarita. I cannot tell if he can hear the sobbing. I can hear it, and I am inside the cabin with the sliding glass doors closed. Uh oh, now I hear the stamping of little feet! Maybe someone needs a nap.

I have always wondered about kids who go on cruises. When they grow up, do they rebel against luxury and go camping instead?

I was trying to take a nap but couldn't. I guess the latte I had after lunch kicked in finally.

Tonight there is a White Hot Party on deck starting at 10:15PM. You're supposed to wear white. I have plenty of white; so does Lou. So we plan to go dance the night away on deck. (which is why I was trying to take a nap, so I could stay up late.)

My cough has come back, so I am using my inhaler again which helps. My ankles are still swollen; right now I have my feet elevated while I type with my laptop in my lap. (I love this laptop.) I think that I might even resort to wearing my compression stockings with shorts [gasp] which looks terrible but would help a lot to control the swelling. Today I just couldn't do it, so I wore a skirt instead to try to camoflage the compression stockings.

Today is the day that most of my coworkers went back to work. I thought about work for awhile today. There's a lot for me to do when I get back, but I do not feel as panicked about work as I did before this vacation. I think that the break has done me good.

1 comment:

Daria said...

I too struggle with an intermittent cough ... inhaler too and swollen ankles. I'm often on the laptop with my feet up on pillows.

I've just learned about compression socks ... I find them real comfy.

All the best to you ...