Sunday, January 10, 2010

Lavendar Epsom Salts

At least two people told me to soak my feet in epsom salts to help relieve the swelling. I don't remember who suggested it first, but today my sister-in-law, Lynda, suggested it while I was sitting in the parking lot outside of the Rite Aid. Perfect timing; no opportunity for me to forget.

I bought lavendar-scented epsom salts and then came home and used them for a long hot soak. What a difference it made! I had ankle bones again! I had slender feet! Plus I smelled nice!

But it did not last.

Standing around barefoot ironing all afternoon clearly hastened the re-swelling process. In retrospect, I wish I had pulled on some compression stockings after the soak. But at least I have a new way to combat the swelling.

Tomorrow is Monday and my vacation is over. I'll be heading to work, I hope in the vanpool. Toward that end, I'll be going to bed soon so I can wake up at 5:30AM.

At this point, my plan is to go bare-headed to work. I have salt and pepper peach fuzz, still pathetically short but at least with no more freaky shiny bald patches. (I just can't deal with the wig any more.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea!!! I am so glad you are home! You have been missed. I hope to see you tonight, if I can get there. I did not know they made epsom salt in smell good flavors. See you soon. Love ya.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen, Glad that you and Lou arrived home safe and sound and rested after your fabulous cruise. Hope your first day back at work is great and I will be thinking about you and hoping to talk with you in person sometime during the week. I have two homeless little kitties in the house I am training for Nancy G. to be their forever mom someday. That makes us temporarily up to 12! Always something new around here to keep us busy!!!

Love you lots and lots, Debbie P.

Anonymous said...

Lavendar epsom salts -- that sounds awesome! I may have to try some of that. :-) My thanks to you and SIL Lynda.