Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Sir! This is the ladies locker room!

This has been a great day. We are in Aruba but we chose to stay on board today to relax by the pool. Then I had a massage, and soon I will run off for a facial. Such luxury and pampering!

Somthing funny happened in the ladies locker room after my massage.

I was at a locker, swathed in a huge terry cloth robe, no hat on, fiddling with the key trying to open the locker. A woman at the door called to me, "Sir, this is the ladies locker room!"

So I said, "That's okay, I'm a lady."

The poor woman apologized and said she was embarassed. I told her not to worry about it because it's an easy mistake to make. This is not the first time it happened. I guess with just a glance, the lack of hair leads you to think I'm a guy. I must need bigger earrings and maybe a touch of lipstick!

Anyway, the peach fuzz has pretty much filled in everywhere on my scalp, and I no longer have any shiny bald patches. But it is very short and a mix of black and white, so it is very hard to see (especially the white). It is sort of fun to pet though ;^)

I have been getting pretty comfortable walking around the pool without a hat.

I promised myself that I would not have to wear the wig to work anymore once my vacation was over. I am not sure how I will feel on Jan 11 when I go back to work -- I can't say yet whether I'll be a redhead or a salt-and-pepper head.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ROFLMAO!!! Glad you're having fun and being pampered. Love, Carol Q.