Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Last Day of Summer 2010

Yesterday was another shaky day, but I did not go down for a ridiculous nap.  That is progress.  I feel as though I am emerging from the other side of chemo strangeness.

I feel better this morning.  Not shaky, and stronger.  So, my plan is to actually go in to the office.

Tonight, summer ends.  I must admit that I am looking forward to cooler temperatures and long-sleeved shirts.  I'm so tired of all my summery clothes.  The funny thing is, tomorrow we are expecting 96 degree heat.  Welcome, Autumn!


I find myself thinking about what it will be like when all my chemo options are exhausted, and the cancer is growing. That will be a difficult time.  I feel really good about my choices, my oncologist, and the sarcoma specialty center at Duke, so I assume that I won't be filled with regret.  The only thing I could have done differently was to fall for some of the crazy claims, like eating pureed asparagus every day, or cottage cheese mixed with flax seed oil, or some wacky supplement that someone was trying to sell me.  Those crazy claims offend me.  What kind of loser do you have to be to take advantage of a panicking cancer patient by selling them crap that won't work?  I can only hope that there is a special circle in hell for those people.  (It's probably right next to the people who steal from the elderly.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thinking of You and Glad that You are Feeling Stronger! Hugs, XOXO