Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Delta Flies to Missoula

Tinalynne called last night to let us know that the viewing will be Thursday and the funeral will be Friday.

Lou immediately went online to book me some airline tickets to Missoula, Montana. He spent two hours working out the itinerary on Travelocity, and then the site bounced him out before he could make the purchase. Oooh, he was not a happy camper. I so took over the driver's seat and we used the Delta airline site to get the tickets.

In both directions, I'll be changing planes twice. The trip out will take 10 hours and 16 minutes, and the trip home will take 11 hours 35 minutes. I was hunting around last night for some reading material.

I'll miss three days of work, which is less than ideal at this point in my project, but it can't be helped. If deadlines weren't looming, I would have stayed longer to help.

The bigger news is that Lou also told Tinalynne last night about my cancer coming back, and she took it really well.

(We couldn't say anything before this. I didn't want her worrying about me. Plus, she and Michael said a couple of times that they took hope from how well I was doing. But chemo this summer meant I could not travel, and so Lou and I could not go see Michael, which is something we really wanted to do. It meant so much to us when our friends visited when I was sick.)

That's all I have time for! I have to get to work and do as much as I can before I have to split tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Karen, So sorry about your BF husbands death. It must have been hard for Lou to tell her about you. I hope you are a great comfort for her when she needs it.

Kathy from Kent
PS Good luck staying warm!!