Thursday, November 12, 2009

Physical Therapy Working Wonders

My physical therapy for my bulging disc has been going great. The pain has been reduced by a ridiculous and wonderful 85% after just three visits.

It turns out, my psoas muscle was really tight and causing most of the trouble. That was the reason I couldn't even stand up straight. Well, after everything that poor psoas muscle has gone through, no wonder it was tight and achy. We bombarded it with radiation and chemo! Then the tumor shrank significantly -- does that leave a gaping hole in the muscle or what?

Anyway, I have been working on stretching it out. The first PT appointment was actually terribly painful as the therapist dug into the muscle mercilessly. I had to go home, take a pain pill, and go to sleep. But the results have been fantatsic. I can now stand up straight. Even more importantly, I can sleep again! And walk!

The nerve pain from the bulging disc is almost all gone too. I guess now that the psoas is not pulling everything out of alignment, maybe the bulging disc is not pushing up against the nerve root any more.

Life is good!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful news. We are so happy that you are nearly pain free. Still sending lots of good Ts and Ps though.
Love ya,
Mom and Dad

Jean Trainor said...

Good news - sounds like they should rename it physical torture but it is worth it when it works!

Jean

Delpfine said...

Wow! Great news.

Teresa said...

Karen, you are awesome. So glad you are feeling better!

Ned Charpentier said...

Stretching has helped me immensely. Started having knee issues and after I started stretching daily it has helped so much. It's a perfect Holistic solution, I'm glad you've found healing through it :)

Have a great weekend Karen!
xoxox
Ned

Daria said...

Oh that sounds great ... that physio is something.

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen, so glad your back pain is going away and that physical therapy was the answer. Great great news and you deserve to have some!! We've been busy yesterday and today doing work getting ready for tonight's ESS 11th anniversary potluck / mtg. Wish you and Lou were here to join us. LOve you lots and will tak with you soon!!
xoxo Debbie P.

Anonymous said...

Ηello just ωanteԁ tο
giѵe you a quiсκ headѕ up.

The wοrds in youг artiсle seem
to be running off the sсreen in Opera.

Μy web page :: garden

Anonymous said...

Rіght here is the peгfect web sіtе
for anyone who would like to find out about this tоpic.
Υou understand a whole lot itѕ almost
tough to argue with уou (not that I pеrsοnally woulԁ ωant to…HaHa).
Yοu ԁefinitеly рut a new ѕpіn οn a topic whіch haѕ been wгitten abоut fοr many
уearѕ. Excellent ѕtuff, just exсellent!


Here is my ρage organic potting soil

Anonymous said...

Good web site you haνe got heгe..
It’s dіfficult to find quality wгіtіng liκe yours nowaԁays.

I seriously аppreciаte indiѵiduаls liκe you!
Take cаre!!

Here іs my website; pilates training