Thursday, November 5, 2009

Bananas in the Filing Cabinet

The bananas in my filing cabinet really struck a chord with a lot of you.

When I finally made it into the office on Tuesday morning, you'd have thought the bananas would be uppermost in my mind. But I got distracted getting a cup of coffee and checking email. I think Meredyth IM'ed me asking about the bananas, and that is when I pulled open the filing cabinet drawer.

A strong yet pleasant banana aroma wafted out at me. The two bananas were covered in brown spots, but the skin was intact. There was no leakage. There were no fruit flies.

The bananas were soft but not disgustingly so. In fact, they would have been perfect for banana bread.

I left them on the counter in the break room. People at work will eat anything. Maybe there is someone who loves a really ripe banana, someone who only buys the clearance bananas at the grocery store.

Later I noticed that the bananas were gone.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Karen-not to beat a banana story to death but I really like a ripe banana. Perhaps you don't care for them because somebody near and dear to you will only eat green bananas!
Love ya,
Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

Тhanks on your marvelous poѕting! I аctually enjoyeԁ reading іt, yοu
might bе a gгeat authoг.ӏ will remembeг to bookmarκ youг blοg
anԁ may come bаck veгу ѕoon.
I want to еncourаge уоu contіnue your gгeat јob, have
a nіcе dаy!

Visit my wеb sitе: sound equipment online