Sunday, November 8, 2009

Exhausted on Saturday

I was fine when I woke up on Saturday morning around 9:00AM. Amazingly, my back pain has been greatly reduced by that first visit to physical therapy and by doing the exercises that she gave me.

Lou and I had big plans for Saturday: a trip to Costco, followed by sushi lunch at a new restaurant called Japan Inn on Falls of Neuse Road.

On the drive to Costco, it became clear that I wasn't feeling so good. I started arguing with our GPS system, doing U turns, and re-selecting Costco as our destination because I was certain that I had accidently chosen some other destination. It was the chemo exhaustion side effect! It's a ridiculous exhaustion that makes me very difficult to deal with. This was completely unexpected because I got my last chemo two and a half weeks ago and I've been feeling better and better every day for the last week.

We made it to Costco safely, but shopping was difficult. We were trying to buy my Christmas present, which was supposed to be either a laptop or a desktop computer to replace the one in my home office. It took forever to narrow it down to a choice between one particular laptop and one recently marked down fascinating desktop computer with a touch-screen monitor and no tower because all the computer's guts are built into the back of the monitor.

Somehow we got through Costco, got through lunch, and I went straight to bed when we got home.

When I woke up, I was a new woman. With a new laptop! But I won't see it again till Christmas.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know--that desktop computer with a touch screen sounds heavenly to me!!! I think you should have both! Tell Lou!!
Love ya,
Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

Nope!! Wouldn't do for me to be you. I would be putting on all the charm-
#1 all the reasons I had to have both and
#2 NO WAY can I wait 7 weeks to open my present(s).
So see, you can point out to Lou- that even as "charming" as you were yesterday, he doesn't have to put up with me!!
Keeping you in my T's & P's.
Oh BTW, had a talk with the "A"'s and they are 'on' that "little project". Let's hope the powers that be are listening. Love ya, Doane

Daria said...

Karen, I can so relate to the ridiculous exhaustion ... makes me real grumpy too ... OK miserable.