Sunday, November 15, 2009

Clinical Trial Starts Monday

Tomorrow morning, I go to Duke to start the clinical trial for AP23573.

They are supposed to run a bunch of tests (bloodwork, EKG, etc), give me the first dose, and then watch me for one hour to make sure I don't keel over with some kind of adverse reaction.

This is a randomized double-blind study, so nobody is supposed to know if I am getting the drug or the sugar pill. I've been praying to get the drug. I even asked my friend Doane to send a couple of her guardian angels to intervene on my behalf when the coin gets flipped.

I have one task left to do before Monday morning. I need to update the list of medications that I currently take, and I have to add approximately when I started taking each one. Jeepers. Who knows that kind of info? I mean, I can hardly remember what I had for breakfast this morning.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen, We will be thinking about you tomorrow and hoping you get the trial drug also. But either way you are helping your recovery because whoever gets it, you or the other participants, will be helping to find new cures for your tumors. Love you lots and lots and lots!!! Debbie and Jim

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl,
I surely have my fingers (and anything else that will) crossed that things go well, today. I had a little chat with the A's, again, on Saturday, so I they're on it. You will be in my T's&P's all day. Love ya

teresl said...

Source replica louis vuitton bags click now replica bags china more high quality replica bags