Monday, March 12, 2012

Medicate Me

In retrospect, I really let the nausea get out of control before finally taking a Zofran yesterday, but by then it was too late. Barfing was inevitable.

I think I was in denial about the nausea. I kept thinking that I couldn't be nauseated (even while I was holding my breath and pressing my hand to my mouth to hold back the tide) because nausea wasn't supposed to be a problem with this chemo. The paperwork didn't stress nausea, and the doctor and nurses only mentioned having anti-nausea meds on hand once.

Maybe I have had so much chemo, I'm easily nauseated. Nice.

Plus, I only took Zofran because Lou suggested it. My first reaction was like, "What? No." but then I thought, "Hmmm, he's usually right..." (Isn't that sweet?  Isn't that what every husband wants his wife to think?)

Today will be different! This weekend, the nausea arrived after every meal, so I have delayed eating breakfast till now. I am eating a half bowl of wimpy cereal as I type. Awhile ago, with my morning bucket of tea, I took a Compazine (another anti-nausea drug) with all my regular morning pills. I hope that Compazine + Small Breakfast = Zero Nausea.

Alas, the Compazine usually makes me sleepy. I could probably use some extra sleep.

So I am going to work from home today, just in case. I do not relish the prospect of running down that long hallway to the ladies room if I suddenly have to throw up. I guess the better idea would be to just barf in my waste basket in my office and then casually stroll down the hall to the ladies room.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So Sorry!!! Love and Hugs, Sharon

Anonymous said...

Karen,
Hugs and prayers your way. :)