Thursday, March 8, 2012

235 Million Dollars

This morning I am headed to Duke for chemo. Today, I have my first appointments in the new Duke Cancer Center, which cost a reported $235 million.

I am pretty psyched to see it. Staff who took tours have been telling me how pretty and luxurious and private it is. Like, instead of getting chemo in a big room where everyone can see you, you are in a little room in a super recliner, all private.  Hmmm.  I sort of enjoy the drama of other people and their families.

Back in 2010, when I first saw signage promising that the new cancer center would be open in early 2012, I wondered if I would be around to see it. (I am always thinking morbid crap like that, can't help it, but hardly ever share it because it makes people uncomfortable.)

So, I start my day with labwork in the new cancer center, then I go back to the old South Clinics to see Dr R (who moves next week to the new cancer center), and then I head back to the new cancer center for chemo at noon.  Luckily, both buildings are right next to each other. Lots of walking today. Got my new sneakers on.

Today I get BOTH chemo drugs!  Powerhouse punch!  Watch out, cancer, we're coming to get ya.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying With You!!! Love, Sharon

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you today. God Bless you Karen. Still praying that this new Chemo will work for you