Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Hope Time Flies

I hope that time flies on Thursday.

Too early, my alarm will ring. 5:45 to be precise. I get to have a normal breakfast but then nothing after 7:00, no water, no nothing.

John will bring us to Duke, and leave us there.

Labs at 8, Dr R at 9...

Then we just hang out for hours waiting for my tumor biopsy at 1:00.

This time, I will not have an IV in the back of my hand. That just hurts too much. My original plan was to get my port accessed for labs and leave it accessed for the tumor biopsy. But getting my port accessed can nauseate me. So I'll just go with the IV for labs, and another IV for the tumor biopsy, but refuse to let the IV go into my hand. Maybe I'll slap a bandaid on it to reinforce that it's off limits.

The tumor biopsy will be followed by 2 hours in recovery. We'll get out around 3:30 or 4:00.

Lou has arranged for someone to bring us home. Maybe Mo?

I should be asleep now but I'm wide awake.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lots of Prayer and Love You!!! Sharon