Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Thumbs Up

My fingernails have been a disaster for months and months.

The Gem/Tax chemo last summer made them really thick, with ridges. I didn't think that was very nice. Then the clinical trial drug really messed up my nails. They became paper thin, flexible, and easy to tear.  Yikes.  I tried to keep them trimmed because any small rough spot could catch on something and become a tear, and any length could get banged and cause a big break. I also tried painting them with clear, tough polishes but that didn't seem to help. (Maybe I did not put on enough coats.)

Well, I am thrilled to report that my thumbs seem to be bouncing back. The nails on my thumbs are no longer completely bendy and paper thin.  They are like normal.

Now I just have to wait for my other digits to catch up.

No comments: