Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Questions Need to be Asked

In one week, the new chemo starts. I think that I need to call Dr R and ask some questions. But the questions are only half formed and swirling in my head. I need to make a list and then call.

Mostly, I am interested to hear what we are going to do to keep the nausea and barfing from occurring.  Nurse Carolyn said, "There will be nausea and vomiting," but so many people I have talked to have told me otherwise.

I was also going to ask about Doxil (which someone mentioned in a comment) instead of Doxorubicin, but after I surfed the web a little I am not going to ask. There is an increase in  some terrible hand and foot side effect, and I already have a lot of foot trouble...

But most importantly, I have to pick up some Sudafed for Lou before I go to work this morning.  He is miserable.

Oh, and here's a big THANK YOU to Nancy for the amazing cookies from Kona.  They arrived last night when all our accumulated mail was delivered, and I must admit that the box is somewhat depleted. They are awesome. It has made the transition from the cruise to real life a little easier to take. There are a lot of cookies on board a cruise ship, let me tell you.

No comments: