Thursday, May 27, 2010

Carb Loading

During a staff meeting yesterday, I was overwhelmed with sleepiness and actually briefly put my head down on the table. The more serious discussion had ended, and we were sort of just chatting about current events and general complaints. That part of the meeting is often the most interesting, so it was strange that I could not focus. I assumed that it was jetlag and that I desperately needed some caffeine.

When the meeting ended, I grabbed some lunch and went back to my office. I checked my blood sugar before lunch (because I had decided to check it often for a couple of days, to gather enough data with which to request going off the Glyburide). It was 63.  No wonder I was sleepy!

I immediately drank some orange juice and then re-checked my blood sugar in 15 minutes. It was 69.  I ate lunch and kept an eye on it for the rest of the day. It stayed low, never higher than 112 even after spagetti.

I guess I have all the data I need to stop taking the Glyburide. So this morning, no 1/2 green tablet for me.

Woo Hoo!  How many people become non-diabetic?!  I feel very lucky.

No comments: