Saturday, May 8, 2010

How Much Pressure Can I Take?

Yesterday, I picked up two pairs of new compression stockings from the Ashworth drug store in Cary. My varicose vein socks just did not exert enough pressure to keep my feet and ankles from swelling.

This morning, first thing I did was take a shower and then jump back into bed and elevate my feet so that my ankles did not start swelling. Then I pulled on the new socks. That was not as hard as I had expected, probably for two reasons: I read the manual last night so I knew the recommended strategy, amd my ankles were a lot smaller than when the lady measured me.

So far, so good. I am dressed and ready to leave the house. Lou and I are headed out for breakfast, and then we will run a million errands to get ready for the trip. Tomorrow, I do laundry and we pack.

The only other ankle news is that my fabulous primary care physician suggested that I bring extra diuretic and potassium with me on the trip, so if I super swell in the heat, I have a medical solution. 

No comments: