Monday, October 19, 2009

Expecting MRI Results Today

I expect to hear my MRI results today. On Friday, the nurse said that the preliminary results for an MRI are available within 24 hours, and the final report is available within 48 hours. I am really looking forward to getting the scoop. At this point, I am not even nervous; I just want to know what's going on in there.

I had another night of waking up in pain in the wrong position. Maybe I need to pile up all available pillows to build a fort around me so I can't roll over. Probably wouldn't work. Probably I'd end up tossing the pillows over at Lou in my sleep.  Oh he would just love that ;^)

I had a great weekend for ironing. I brought down some winter clothes and packed away some summer clothes. (It will be 63 degrees today, but it will be 77 degrees this Wednesday through Friday). I'll see those summer clothes again soon enough when we start packing for the cruise!

Speaking of weather, did you know the term "cumulus cloud" was coined in 1804? Just another tidbit from The Age of Wonder, from the chapter about how some Englishmen used fabulous new hot air balloons and hydrogen balloons to gather data about nature. It is funny how long it is taking me to read that book!  Does not help that I keep reading fiction. About a week ago, I finished re-reading all the Harry Potter books.  That was a lot of fun; that went very quickly.

No comments: