Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Duke Wins!

We went to bed last last before the game ended. This morning Lou replayed the final couple of minutes from the game. Duke wins! 2010 NCAA Champions!

You won't see it on the news but Duke also won yesterday in a skirmish over my MRI. I gave up waiting for UNC to call back to make my MRI appointment.

I called Caroline, one of my clinical trial nurses at Duke. I told her the story. [The story is that in February, at a checkup with my radiation oncologist at UNC, Dr M said if the numbness and pain in my left leg did not go away quickly with PT then I needed to have an MRI to see what is going on. (For example, there might be some nerve damage from the radiation.) PT did not work, so I dilly-dallied and then finally called for the MRI at UNC -- but after a week and a half, no one has called me back.]

Caroline called me back to say that Dr R agreed that an MRI was a good idea, and someone is supposed to call me today to set up the MRI appointment and a followup to discuss the results a week later.

I had a little bit of a meltdown yesterday evening worrying about this MRI and whatever it is that is causing the pain and numbness. But I felt much better this morning. It is better to know. Maybe something can be done.

No comments: