Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Genetically Engineer Me Now

About a week and a half ago, a couple of friends emailed me this amazing cancer news story about how some researchers genetically engineered some cancer patients' own blood to turn it into killer T cells that wiped out their advanced cancer (in 2 out of 3 guys).

Here is a link to a summary, if you are interested:

cancer story at www.businessinsider.com

It was published on August 11, 2011, so this is sort of old news by now, but that's what I get for being on cancer vacation.

I was so excited when I read about this.

Remember when I was taking AHCC to try to boost my T cells?  That was last December, I think. I quit when my next scan showed growth and I had to start chemo again.  Maybe I ought to go buy another bottle.

Anyway, I realized that I just have to hang in there till this becomes widely available. (Not that there is any hint of me not hanging in there. I am hanging in there just fine.)

Tomorrow is Scan Day.

No comments: