Saturday, October 29, 2011

Foolish Optimism

I should not have blogged that the Prilosec was working. My stomach was killing me yesterday, and it is killing me again today.  Tums are not helping.

I actually ended up leaving work early yesterday because I just couldn't deal anymore with this stomach pain. At about 2:45PM, I finally finished a huge urgent project that has kept me on high alert for the last two weeks. I had to finish the work, so I ignored the pain and just kept working. But once the urgent project was complete, that was it. I was done. I went home and slept for 3 hours! I felt better when I got up, which is strange. Why would sleep help?

Anyway, this morning the pain is back.

We have plans today, and I don't want them ruined. We're seeing Rock of Ages at the DPAC and then going to dinner at The Magnolia Grill with John and Pat. At least, that is the plan. Lou set a deadline for 11:00AM if I want to back out. He thinks it might take awhile to find someone to give our tickets to. Shouldn't be that hard! Who doesn't love eighties music?!

On Monday morning, I am going to call my primary care physician to report than the double dose of Prilosec is not working.

I am going to try Advil next.

Hey, I tried acupuncture for the first time, and it was awesome, but I am just not in the mood right now to tell you about it. Check back tomorrow...

4 comments:

Joanna said...

Advil is really hard on one's stomach. Please be careful.

I hope it clears up. Could you already have an ulcer? Take care and I hope you get to go to the play.

Karen said...

Soon after I posted this morning, I actually threw up. Maybe I have some kind of bug, or even food poisoning.

We gave away our tickets to friends in the neighborhood.

So, now I just feel sort of lousy.

Beverly Brown said...

I am sorry you've been so uncomfortable! Hope you get lasting relief soon. I'm interested in hearing about your acupuncture experience. I see Ian Florian in Durham for my allergies and the results have been phenomenal.

Anonymous said...

take care Karen...rest if you can...love Mrs. S. xxxooo